Sun Chlorella® ‘A’ is so much more than just a supplement. Once you know how, you can start incorporating it into lots of your favourite recipes. Here is our pick of the tastiest chlorella recipes around.
“The Victoria’s Secret”
The Daily Mail recently revealed that Victoria’s Secret supermodel Rosie Huntington-Whiteley drinks green chlorella juices as “a great way to start the day!” We’ve searched high and low to bring you her favourite recipe, and recreated it for you below.
SUPER GREEN SMOOTHIE
- 300mls water
- 80g cucumber
- 80g spinach
- 40g rocket
- 40g celery
- 20g kale
- 5-15 Sun Chlorella® tablets
- 20-40g avocado
Make smoothie fresh first thing each morning. Place water in blender (liquidiser) as first ingredient, then chop all Ingredients and blend as you add each ingredient. When all ingredients added blend again until smooth and divide smoothie in to two servings (each serving is about 300mls) Consume half before breakfast and refrigerate second serving or place in a cold thermos flask to be consumed before lunch.
“The Store Cupboard Essential”
This recipe is great for those nights when the cupboards are looking a little bare! No fancy ingredients, just tasty, healthy food.
CHLORELLA ITALIAN SALAD DRESSING
- 1 1/2 cup bottled Italian salad dressing
- 1 1/2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tbsp white sugar
- 8 (3g) packs Sun Chlorella® granules
In a mixing bowl, whisk together all these ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours before serving (overnight is best).
“The Summer Cooler”
This chilled Chlorella Green Gazpacho is perfect for cooling down on a hot summer´s day, or use this to impress your friends with a dinner party starter that´s delicious as well as healthy.
CHLORELLA GREEN GAZPACHO
- 2 cups (113g) romaine lettuce leaves,
- 2 cups (113g) spinach
- 3 spring onions, diced
- 2 small cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup (118 ml) creamed coconut, plus extra to garnish
- 2 cups (472 ml) vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Dash of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Sachet Sun Chlorella® Granules (3g)
In a blender, combine the lettuce, spinach, spring onions, cucumber, chlorella and parsley until the mixture forms a puree. Gradually add in the vegetable stock, coconut cream, mint, pepper and salt. Puree the mixture until it reaches an even consistency. Refrigerate the soup until you are ready to serve. Serve the soup chilled in individual bowls, with a spoon of coconut cream, a drizzle of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon over each serving.
“Some like it Hot”
Try this savoury Thai green smoothie for a spicy alternative to green juices from our own Nutritionist and Chlorella guru, Nadia Brydon.
CHLORELLA SPICY THAI GREEN SMOOTHIE
- 300 ml coconut water (fresh is best)
- 40 gm fresh coconut meat (or 30mls of coconut cream)
- 1 lemongrass stalk with woody end removed
- 10 gm of fresh ginger
- 10 gm of fresh coriander
- 20 gm of avocado
- 80 gm of Pak Choi
- 80 gm of cucumber
- 3 teaspoons of fresh lime juice
- 15 tablets of Sun Chlorella®
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Very small slice of fresh red hot chilli pepper